Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat

I would like to counter Graig's thoughts that he is ready for the baby. This week has been very odd. He forgot to feed the cat twice. She reminded us either in the middle of the night or the next morning. But he has been pretty distracted. Last Friday he did something to his back. So it has been difficult having 2 young people living here that can't fully function. I had to let him sit in my chair every night because it has better back support and the heating pad on it. That wouldn't be such a big deal except often times when I sit on the couch, it takes me a long time to get up. So I have been sitting on an exercise ball. In our birthing class they wanted you to buy a special one from the hospital that they call a "birthing ball". We didn't. But it does help a lot with pregnancy back pain. I have been very encouraging during this time by telling him "you need to get better because you don't get to be hurt when I am in labor." And those words are seeming to help because he is functioning a lot better.

In other really exciting news we got a video camera the other day. We have been trying to hold off buying it as long as possible because the second you buy it something better comes along. There are a lot of really neat features like how it sorts the videos like it would pictures. The hard drive holds 60gb which I think is huge. My computer from 5 years ago, which is almost dead, has a 80gb hard drive. So Graig and I can never waste film(although I am sure we can try really hard). Also the automatic face finder is really nice. You have to understand the last video camera I really used and knew all the tricks was from 1991. So I guess in 17 years it is expected to have some advances in video camera technology. The image of me on the ball was the night vision mode that Graig was playing with.

So on to Halloween, which is the title of the blog. I was a pregnant cat (i just put black cat ears on) and Graig found this glow in the dark Ghostbuster shirt. The video is Graig wanting to show off the shirt in the night vision mode. When you watch it, keep in mind that Graig thinks "you can't waste film."

Thursday's walk was pretty painful and I didn't want to trigger labor yesterday. Call me crazy, but I didn't want the baby born on Halloween. So I didn't do anything too strenuous yesterday. Graig said I was "nesting" on Thursday because I spent the whole day cleaning all of the house. Then when poor Graig got home from work he had to help me clean until 9:45. I just had a burst of energy and I knew if that we didn't finish everything, it wouldn't get done the next day either. Again, poor Graig had to do tasks that I wasn't "allowed" to do. I don't see what is wrong with me climbing to the top of a step ladder to clean the ceiling fans. Well don't worry I sat on a chair telling Graig the spots he was missing. But to be honest, I don't think I could have reached the fan with the step ladder. Can you imagine me taking the 8 foot ladder upstairs for that. I was in a such a mood that I probably would have done it because the fan was driving me crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok. just a few comments. first were you sitting on the ball or was it under your shirt?

the "glow-in-the-dark" movie...not a waste of film 'cause it made we laugh.

go into labor today because we will be in Indy anyway

XXOOXXOOXX
mom