So Jeremy is hanging out in our room for the rest of today and until he is discharged tomorrow. We are soooooooooooooo happy. He has one more dose of antibiotics this afternoon.
Graig and I have set him up on his monitor. It is loud! It definitely has a lot less false alarms than the nursery's alarms. Graig and I became pros at reading the monitor and determining if it was a proper signal (which it almost never was) while Jeremy was in the nursery. It measures if his heart rate is too high, low, or if he breaths. It will alarm at certain settings. The one we are most concerned with is the breathing. It will alert if it doesn't detect breathing within 20 seconds. It has the light blink when his heart beats and also one when it detects a breath. I know there are going to be so many false alarms. He breaths much faster than it is detecting. But it has 20 seconds to detect one breath.
My mom came down this morning for the training. She and Graig went to our house to drop his car off and some off our stuff. I am about to eat and then lay down. Apparently my job is just beginning. It is so nice to sit here in our room updating and I can look up and see my baby. It's been a very long week. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully our next blog topic will be about how he peed on Graig or spit up all over the place. He has already peed on his nurse and pooped at us while changing his diaper. We are ready to have "normal" parents' anxiety.
5 comments:
What good news. I am so happy for you. It is so great to feel like your baby is finally yours and you don't have to ask someone else what you can do. It will be so exciting to be home.
Yay! What great news! Ben and I are so happy for you guys! It must be such a great feeling to have him in your room with you! Way to go Jeremy!
Oh my goodness. He is so beautiful. It will be so nice for you all to get home and snuggle in as a family.
it was a delightful day! Jeremy, keep up the good work. See you in a couple of weeks, we hope!!
We're so happy to hear he's coming home! What great news! The pictures are great; he's a cutie :-)
-Courtney & Russell Nichols
Post a Comment