I think that I am really ready for ______ ________ Lubsen to be born. What is driving my preparedness is my desire to be waited on again. Once upon a time, every now and then Amy would get up early, since she doesn't sleep in, and make me breakfast on the weekends. That has changed since the pregnancy began (except for one morning when she got up and made me a plate of bacon. There was no other food, I had to make the eggs and toast for her to complete the breakfast).When Amy was still working, sometimes she would have to be in at 10 a.m., so I would pick out all of my clothes and put them near the guest bathroom so she could sleep in until 8. This would happen sometimes twice a week. Now that she is not working, I do it every day. Quite a few weeks ago, Amy got up when I did and after my shower she asked if I wanted breakfast. I wasn't really hungry, but I said yes and she bounded down the steps.
After I got dressed, I made my way downstairs and Amy was sitting at her computer looking up things. She apologized for not having breakfast for me. I said it was okay and I ate some food that I prepared. While I was eating, she asked if I wanted something to drink. I said yes and she proceeded to sit there at the computer. Eventually, I got something to drink for myself.
I am ready for the baby to be born, so that when she asks me if I want breakfast or something to drink and I say yes that she might follow through.
1 comment:
Graig,
You are living in a fantasy world if you think you are ever going to be waited on again. If you thought you weren't important during the pregnancy...hold on brother. You will be even further down the priority list after Enrico arrives!
Seriously though. You guys are in for a wonderful experience. We are very happy for the both of you.
Post a Comment