This is a short update. He did so much better last night than the night before. He actually had the same nurse both nights, so she was so happy to see him doing so well. Jeremy still is having some issues breathing while he is eating. I have fed him a few times yesterday and I woke up to do his night feedings. When he starts to eat we really starts to eat. Then he forgets to take a break and breathe. His oxygen levels fall when this happens, which obviously isn't good. His oxygen does go back up by himself without changing colors (which is not what happened the other night). Sometimes I have to stop his feeding to do this. The goal is that he does this without any help. His pediatrician said that probably a lot of babies do this but they aren't hooked up to a monitor to detect it. The plan for today is to have me keep feeding him and giving him his antibiotics.
I have a lot more to say but it's time for the little guy to eat again. Hopefully I'll get to another update later today.
1 comment:
Definintely Graig's son...loves to eat soooo much he forgets to breathe when eating! :) So glad to hear he is continuing to do well!
Post a Comment