Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Change of plans

Apparently feeding Jeremy is on hold for now(until his nurse gets done working on him). Last night the nurse had to take out his IV since it was leaking. When she tried to get a new line she couldn't. Jeremy's veins blow out. So they gave him his antibiotics IM in his thigh(don't worry if you don't know what that means). His day nurse was going to give it another try because she is pretty good at doing it. However they have been trying for a while now, without success. They are going to try one last time and then call his doctor to see what he wants to do. Poor little guy is not liking this.

It was so nice last night to hold him without the IV line. We fully got to snuggle which was just what I needed. I was not in the best of spirits earlier in the night even though he was doing well. It's been almost a week here since my water broke and what an emotional roller coaster. But it's amazing what more than 10 minutes of sleep will do. Also last night we put one of his hats from home on him. It was nice to see him look like a "normal" baby(although we didn't get any pictures of it). Graig and I both want to continue with the antibiotics so we will be happy when they get a line in if that is what his doctor wants. We would rather be safe than sorry. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Graig went into work for a couple of hours today. He called his boss yesterday morning saying that he is not going to go in because of what happened. His boss called back saying that they had the day off because of the holiday. Apparently I am not the only one who is a little out of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy & Graig,
I just learned of the birth of your son, Jeremy, from Grandpa Geoff.
I am very happy for the two of you and I am glad to see that Jeremy is improving.
All three of you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Rob Douglas