Saturday, November 15, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We are home. This morning we just had to have Jeremy take his newborn hearing screening. He passed, thankfully. Sometimes I wish I didn't know certain side effects of medicine. Either way, everything looks good for now.

Last night I got about 1.5 hours of sleep. Welcome to motherhood I guess. Jeremy decided to stay up for over 4 hours straight starting at 3:30 in the morning, which on top of the nurse visits in the room did not make a happy sleeping environment. Graig got to experience the joys of Jeremy last night. During the week, I would go into the nursery to feed him in the middle of the night. Last night there was no where to go but in our small room.

Right now Graig and I are in the front room and Jeremy is sleeping in his pack n play in our family room. I'm trying to not go in and check on him every ten seconds because the alarm definitely will go off. It catches a fraction of his breathing, which is annoying because of false alarms but also is nice because it should help us if he has an apnea episode.

We have a funny video of Twinkle meeting Jeremy. We will post it in a little bit once it is done downloading. Let's just say that when Jeremy makes any noise Twinkle gets freaked out. It's going to be a fun few days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

God has blessed you this past week and has answered all of our prayers.

May God continue to keep all of you in the palm of his hand.

Welcome to Parenthood. Enjoy each moment.

Love to you all
Suzanne

Jackie said...

We are so glad that you all are home! Now the fun begins! Try to get as much sleep as possible when Jeremy is sleeping! (I know it is easier said than done!)