Sunday, October 19, 2008

Did someone say something about food?

I have been getting a lot of questions about what sort of cravings I have had during my pregnancy. The answer is not really anything different than what I usually crave. I love food. Graig loves food. We also can both be very picky. Graig doesn't like melted cheese (what a weirdo, right?) and he doesn't really like any pasta other than angel hair or spaghetti. Anything thicker is too much noodle. I am not a fan of seafood. I try and try it and try it, but still I do not like it. Also, I become incredibly picky when I get hungry. Poor Graig can sometimes tell when that is going to happen, but most times it's too late.

One thing that I have been having more of, which isn't a craving, is my increased desire to drink milk. I think part of that is because I can't have all the Diet Coke I want to drink and I want something besides my usual 80 ounces of water each day. Another food that I'm not craving but I might eat a lot is candy. We bought the Halloween candy last week and I told Graig to put it somewhere that I couldn't get to it. He put it on the bottom shelf in our closet. Well, that lasted a day. I needed to try the Reese's cups to make sure it was okay. Then I moved the Reese's bag up to a shelf I can reach easily so I can try it everyday. I don't want to get into that bending over business and I can't very well give out candy that could be bad.

Tonight we had Chinese food. I suggested it so naturally Graig said it was a craving. Actually, I just thought we could try this place by our house and I know that Graig loves Chinese food. I was going to pick up the food, but then I got really tired. So, Graig looked it up online and called the place. Little did he know that the Web site he used to look up the Chinese place was out-dated. Apparently, they had moved a year ago. So he is driving up back and forth on the road, not finding it. He finally found the address, pulled up and the building was vacant. He ending up calling the phone number and found out where they had moved. Graig said the employees there thought he was crazy, especially when they told him they had been there for a year. Mapquest is no friend of Chinese restaurants.

When he got back with the food, General Tso's and chicken fried rice, we filled our plates. It was really good and I wanted more of the rice. That is when Graig claimed I had a craving for chicken fried rice. Really, I just like chicken fried rice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm having sympathy cravings :)