
I told Graig that while he was doing this I would install the car seat bases in our cars. I ended up not doing it while Graig was working because he took up a lot of the garage and you have to be on a level surface. Our driveway is not so much even. While Graig was sanding I did read the entire manual for the car seat and looked over what his car's manual said. Graig's car is a little too small to fit someone in the front seat comfortably with the carseat in the back. It doesn't really matter because no one really ever rides in his car. Plus he will have the baby in his car mostly to and from daycare on the days I have to work. When it is the 3 of us we will go in my car.
So, when Graig got done with his dresser he installed the base in his car and then the next day in my car. I probably was sleeping because it's what I do during the day since I don't get very much of it at night. It only took him a few minutes to do each base. It seemed way too loose. However, he followed the directions and the seat was "level" (just barely). We were concerned because the car seat was moving way more than an inch, which is a no-no but we were too special to know how to fix it. Before we installed the seat we knew we wanted the seats inspected, but now we just wanted someone to install it for us because there was no way Enrico was going to ride in there.
After a little googling we found some local places to get the seats checked. We ended up going to Hendricks Hospital because Clarian doesn't offer this service (Nicole you should change that). The nurse called us back at 3 to make an appointment. I was so grateful when she was able to do it today so both of us can go at the same time. She was very very very helpful and after a long time playing with the latch and seatbelt options we were able to get the best fit for both of our cars. In our defense, it took her awhile to get it "perfect". It's not the seat as much as the leather interior of my car. She answered all of our questions and she said we should bring the baby back if we would like to make sure the straps are around him correctly. They were very nice considering we aren't even going to deliver there.
It is comforting knowing that we are making Enrico as safe as we know how in the car. Plus, it is very nice to know how to install it so if we need to put the base in someone else's car we can do it relatively quick.
No comments:
Post a Comment