Wednesday, March 25, 2009

So much to say...

Jeremy is now back to eating baby food. Last weekend he started on rice cereal again and today he had some not so yummy green beans. Although I think I have become a green bean snob over the past few years (I no longer like frozen or canned.....fresh, barely cooked green beans are the best!) He seemed to enjoy them. I have a feeling Jeremy won't be as picky of a eater as his father is...aka he will like cheese.

Jeremy was off of "food" for 2 weeks or so. During that time he really has started to watch us eat. Personally, I think he is jealous that something is going in my mouth and not his. So anyway, he really has become very into eating. He does most of the work actually. When the spoon is coming towards him he will do either two things: try to grab the spoon to put it "in" his mouth or pull himself forward so he gets to the spoon faster. It is really cute, but very messy. He grabs the highchair and pulls himself as much as he can. I think he will really love food, just like his mommy and daddy.

About a month ago Jeremy started going from his back, to his side, and eventually to his belly. It took a little time from when he first started rolling over. Well now it's is favorite thing to do. It's funny because he isn't even a fan of hanging out on his belly. Sometimes he starts to get whinny because he is on his belly. I don't think he understands when I respond "well stop rolling over if you don't like it silly."

When I put him down on his mat he certainly does not stay in the same spot. This evening, we didn't want to dirty another outfit in between his rice cereal and bath time, so Jeremy was hanging out in a diaper on his mat. He rolled over and over and moved all around. He ended up putting his hand under the mat and pushing it up into his mouth.
He has one weird daddy.


He also grabbed the pole and pulled himself towards it. Jeremy decided that would also be delicious to eat. Although he couldn't quite get it in his mouth because of the angle.

Starting Monday night, Jeremy also has decided he wants to sleep on his tummy. He will roll over and smash his body into the side of the crib (when I glanced in there to check on him, I didn't see him at first). We turn him over and then the next time we are in there, Jeremy is on his tummy again. And so on. It's just funny because he just started two days ago and now that's all he wants to do. He is so funny.

His finger is healing. The most annoying thing is trying to keep it covered from Jeremy trying to eat it. On Monday, the bandaids fell off (again) but I couldn't find them anywhere. This is what ran through my head: Oh great he ate them. Oh well that will be a fun treat in a day or so when it comes out the other end. Oh crap he is at daycare tomorrow and I will have to tell them "You might find a bandaid in Jeremy's diaper. Don't think we are crazy parents."

Don't worry I found it and avoided an awkward conversation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would love to see a video of him eating.

Jackie said...

Gotta love the tummy sleeper!! Alex and Olivia both turned into tummy sleepers as soon as they learned to rollover!! They sleep every night on their tummies!