Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Daddy Daycare II

Today was a busy day in the Lubsen household. Amy had to work an extra long day at the pharmacy and I had to work my normal day doing the people's business. Jeremy had a busy day because everyday is a busy day for the stinker.

Jeremy started off by staying awake for a good portion of the night. Usually he wakes up for the day between 6 and 7. Since he 'barely' slept, I waited until 6:50 to wake him up and get him dressed. Normally, I am leaving for work by 6:55 or so. He was sound asleep when I turned the light on and Jeremy refused to open his eyes. Eventually, he looked up at me blankly, wanting to know why he was awake. I picked him up, changed his diaper (he had left a present for me) and then got him dressed. Just as I finished putting his pants on, sure enough, he spit up. That meant a new outfit. I quickly changed him and then we headed out the door.

Many hours later, about 5:15, I got to daycare to pick up Jeremy. Of course he was sound asleep. Since he didn't sleep much during the night, he ended up taking 4 naps at daycare; normally he takes 2. I let him sleep for a few more minutes after I arrived and then packed him into his car seat.

Once home, we played on the floor, as if there was any other option. Jeremy was quite the happy camper. He was having a grand ole' time and I decided that he should probably get a snack. In his excitement over getting to eat soon, he spit up on my arm.

Green beans were on the menu and boy was he thrilled. Jeremy really loves to help feed himself and he does a grand job.



He's a big helper.

After we played for a little while longer, it was bath time. Our night time routine consists of getting a bath and then getting a bottle or "Amy take care of it". Jeremy really loves taking a bath. He has a couple of rubber ducks that he plays with, but mainly he just kicks the water. After the bath, I get him dressed in his pajamas. We were sitting on the floor and I was brushing his hair when he spit up his green beans. These landed on his chest and all over my pants. Good times. I hurriedly dressed him again, because at this point he is ready for dinner and sleep. Jeremy gulped down his bottle, then fussily feel asleep. Hopefully he sleeps much better tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!!!! we just can't stop looking at these pictures of jeremy's lovely face! tom keeps enlarging the pics and turning the laptop my way so we can laugh all over again! you are certainly a patient dad!!!! and take very good care of the little guy!

Anonymous said...

by the way, did he sleep better the next night?

tom said...

that third picture is just disgusting.