Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Jer Bear and I got home today a little before 5:30. After he ate, I put him on the floor. I decided to put his comforter downstairs this morning. Before he didn't have traction when I would use a regular blanket. He would pull it up with his hands and start munching on it. So I thought his comforter would be better for him.

So Jeremy is having a grand old time on his back. I decide to do some tummy time, which would probably make him mad, but hey I am suppose to do it at least 10 minutes a day. Graig was hovering over his shoulder and I told him to get out of the way...Jeremy is going to roll over(I was just being sarcastic). Then 5 seconds later he did! And he went from his belly to his back very fast.

Graig grabbed the video camera and started recording. Here is a one minute video of his next roll over attempt. It took a lot longer than his first attempt. This whole thing happened so fast. It was like he knew what he was doing. I wonder if he would have done it awhile ago if I just would have put him on the ground without him grabbing the blanket. Oh well can't change the past!

Anyway I am grateful he did this "milestone" in front of me and Graig. We know we won't always be able to be there for all them, so we are grateful for this.

PS no way this happened yesterday....they didn't say anything at daycare about it, so I am choosing to believe we saw "the first rollover."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so cool!!! I was going to say "see what he learned at school!" but since we are sure he did this for the first time tonight, I won't!
Very, very, very exciting! Did he scare himself turning? He's an excellent roll-over guy!!!

(btw this is grandma)

Anonymous said...

That was so great to see the Jer Bear doing his rollover. Before you know it he will be running all over the place :)

emrie said...

As far as milestones go, if you didn't see it... it didn't happen.