Sunday night Graig and Jeremy went in one car to Bloomington, while I took my car separately. This was exciting for two reasons. The first part is Graig took his first long trip with just him and Jer Bear in his car. The second reason is that Graig went one way and I went another. There has been a debate in this household for almost 2 years about the fastest way to Bloomington. And we found out one way is 5 minutes shorter. Exciting stuff I tell you.
When we got to Dan's house there was lots of food to eat. Lots of junk food that I am not used to eating. Graig left after the game and I tried to get some sleep. Jeremy made a lot of noises during the night so I didn't get a lot of sleep. The next morning it was time to take Dan to get his knee surgery. After we dropped him off at 9, I ran some errands. I was trying to not get to far away from his house because I didn't want to get lost and have no one to call to give me directions.
Jeremy and I got back to Dan's house and it was business as usual for Jeremy. That meant playing on his mat with his toys. The picture above is him eating the first of many elephant's ears. I was expecting Dan to be done by 1 or so. So in my head around 12 I was going to start packing all of our stuff up (it's amazing how much stuff you have to bring because you never know what will happen).
Around 11:45 the surgery center called to say Dan was done. This is when I stopped using my brain. I buckled Jeremy in his carseat (which he was conveintly already in since I was rocking him in it to sleep). I grabbed my purse and coat and we were off. I didn't grab the diaper bag, a pacifier, a bib, any toys, or even give him one last diaper change. Usually I like to change his diaper before he will be in his carseat for a long time.
From what Dan had told me I was going to be there a few minutes to help load him in the car. However Dan didn't expect to have a hard time recoverying from the anesthesia. Jeremy of course woke up soon after we got there. He threw up a little in his carseat but I used a blanket to clean that up. I just thinking please don't poop, please don't poop. Lately he poops in the afternoon. Sometimes there is no diaper in the world big enough to contain all of the poop. Anyway there was no poop at the surgery center.
Eventually Dan was put in my car, even though he wanted to lay in the bed forever at the surgery center. He didn't want to throw up in my car. Unfortunately he wouldn't be the first and probably not the last to do it. But luckily for him, he made it to his driveway without vomitting. He didn't want to get out of the car. So he stayed there for a while. Jeremy and I went inside. I then had 2 babies to take care of. One crying inside and one outside. After some persuading, I got him inside on his recliner.
Then the moving of the furniture began. I moved 3 end tables to the recliner and set things up to make things easier to get to. Eventually he moved to the couch because it was more comfortable. Then I got to figure out what would table would move where. We got it all figured out...but it took some time. A few hours later Jeremy and I were on the road. Again I am not used to taking care of two babies at one time so it took a little longer than expected to pack. I was constantly being interupted. I am not saying Dan was whinny but just helpless and didn't know what to do. Plus I wanted to get things done for him that he would have a hard time doing later, like his dishes. I would be doing one thing with Jeremy and then think of something to do with Dan. So I felt like I wasn't making any progress.
We got home before Graig on Monday evening. I was exhausted. I planned to make stuffed peppers but I had little motivation. With some help from Graig the meal was made. Then my mom got there. She was going to watch Jeremy for me the next day for my first day back to work. Jeremy is enrolled for daycare starting next week. I just figured it would be easier on me if I knew Jeremy was at home so I could focus on work. Plus next week will be easier for Jeremy and the daycare workers because we are spending sometime apart now.
After dinner and putting Jeremy to sleep, I tried being social. I falled miserably. I passed out on the couch a little after 9. That was good and bad. It was good because I would be well rested for my long day of work. It was bad because I wouldn't get home from work until 9:15 and I didn't want to be exhausted at work.
Much like Lost, I am going to leave you wanting to know more. I will post my day of work later. The dishes are calling my name, unfortunately. But I will say that something happened that I am really grateful that my mom was here.
3 comments:
remember the little girl who could just get out of doing any and all work around the house, especially the pool? where did she go?
just reading your tale wears me out! dan is a lucky brother and i know he knows it.
It is like Lost! I DO want to know more! :)
Jeremy gets more adorable with every post, I think!
I want to hear more about dAN. Where did you put the tables?
Post a Comment