Monday morning I dropped off Jeremy's stuff at daycare. The plan was to have Graig take Jeremy to daycare on his way to work. I didn't have to be at work till 10, but this way I could shower and get ready in peace. Ideally I would get some stuff done around the house. Mostly Graig took Jeremy because I probably would be too upset about it. So I woke him up around 6:15, fed him, got him dressed.
My heart broke as he was giving me huge smiles when I put him in the car seat. I felt like I was tricking him; "oh it seems like we are going somewhere fun, but no you are being dumped for an entire day." The reality is he just got to go somewhere new, safe, and exciting. Plus they had plenty of milk for him there, and let's be honest that's all Jeremy really wants.
Graig also had a hard time with this. "They don't know him" is what he said when he was dropping him off and someone asked if Graig was dropping HER off. But they will know him. And you can't really blame the receptionist.
Anyway Jeremy did very well yesterday. He ate like a champ, took 4 naps (so jealous), pooped twice for them (suckers), and went through one outfit change. Jeremy has become a champ at drooling and I think that's what did the clothes in. Either that or throwing up. When Graig picked Jer bear up he was wearing 2 bibs. Apparently a single bib is no match for Jeremy's drool.
During the day I thought about visiting him on my "lunch." It would have been around 3, so it's not so much a lunch. Anyway Graig pointed out that it would probably make it worse for me to leave him. So I only called once to check up on him. But Friday will be a lot better since he will be there for a few hours. I am not working that day but still have to pay for the daycare regardless if Jeremy is there or not. So I promised myself to have one very long workout (can I get out of it?) followed by some serious grocery shopping.
Anyway I probably should finish getting ready. Jeremy and I are heading down to Bloomington today to take Dan to his rehab appointments. There is also lunch to be consumed. I wonder if my cheap brother will make me buy my own lunch? He did make me pay for the subs he brought us a week after we got home from the hospital. While friends and neighbors were bringing us huge meals, my brother charged us for ours. I wonder if he will read this before we get there....
1 comment:
the hardest day is over...well, wait until he starts kindergarten, or when he graduates and goes off to college...or when he gets married...or...
Post a Comment