Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Twinkle, Monster Poop, and Playing







I put him down almost perpendicular to how I found him after his nap.



He takes pictures like his mother.



He loves to smile while he is sleeping.

I think Twinkle is done with this baby thing. She wants Graig and I to give her our full attention again. At night when we are in the family room together (which she used to love hanging out with us in there), she isn't usually there. But she will wander in and see where the baby is and go to the other parent for some attention. She now prefers to cuddle with Graig. I'm not sure what I prefer, screaming baby in your face that won't calm down or claws in my leg when Twinkle has any emotion.

In Jeremy's room we have a humidifier. The other night I took the lid off to see if it needed water. Of course Twinkle ran over and started to drink from the humidifier's bowl. It was really funny. Too bad we couldn't truly laugh because Jeremy had finally fallen asleep in Graig's arms. But since that time, Twinkle is fascinated by the humidifier. She sits and stares at the opening that has the vapors come out of it. I think she is trying to figure out how to get the bowl of water again.

All things considering, she has been better than expected. If any of you have been around cats you know their love of chasing strings. So when you have a cord hanging from the baby as you walk around you would expect Twinkle to chase it. So far we have been able to stop her (which is amazing). I really don't feel like having to pay for a new cord for his apnea monitor.

Last night I threw Twinkle's scratching post away. Apparently she had used it so much that the nails where coming out that held the fabric to the post. She had a newer one that she lost interest in a few months ago. We took the new one and put it in the garage until she wanted it again. Well when I was taking the old one away, Twinkle was very upset. She followed me downstairs because she was so upset with me. Don't worry she started playing on her new one right away when I brought it upstairs.

Now on to the monster poop. So, last night Jeremy was laying in Graig's arms. Apparently there was a lot of pooping going on. Graig was afraid to move. Of course I just ignored this and continued doing whatever I was doing. Graig waiting 10 minutes to get up because he wanted to make sure Jeremy was done. There was so much poop. It leaked out of his diaper....no the diaper couldn't contain the massive poop. Luckily Jeremy wasn't in the newborn diapers or there would have been a huge mess. But it did go through his diaper, the onsie, the pants, and nightgown he was wearing, and it was all over Graig's jeans. It was all over Jeremy's legs as well. How long until he starts to potty train?

Jeremy is definitely starting to play. I keep a rattle next to his changing pad upstairs and he loves to follow it. It was really exciting when he was turning his head back and forth following the sound. Yesterday and today he has played on his mat (as you can see from above) for a very long time. We move the toys down so he can see them. And he loves to look at himself in the mirror.

Yesterday we had a big day out. We stopped at the post office and then went to the mall. I spent way too much money on Jeremy's different Christmas clothes. As soon as the silver gets off his belly he can start sporting the outfits. I will be taking lots of pictures.

Today at 1 pm I got a call from Graig saying he got me a polar pop (one of my favorite things) and wanted to know if I wanted him to pick something up for me for lunch. I was very confused (mostly because I was exhausted). But Graig had taken the afternoon off of work to give me a break. Graig felt bad for me since Jeremy wanted me to stay up with him most of the night. It was very nice to have a "break." Too bad he can't do that everyday.

No comments: