Unfortunately Jeremy started to get fussy right before we got into see Santa. My sister has a picture of him with Santa that he looks happier. I'll post it when she emails it to me.
Sunday Jeremy and I went to my parent's house. I just didn't think I would have the energy to drive up to Chicago and home in the same day. I am sure glad I did that! On Monday morning Jeremy decided that we should get up for good at 5. He had made quite the mess all over himself so he got a bath. At least he wasn't smelly for the day.
When my sister got there to "leave" (which didn't happen for over an hour) she ended up having to burp Jeremy while I finished getting Jeremy's stuff ready for the day. She was downstairs and I was upstairs and I hear a very loud yell. Jeremy did his signature move of turning his head off the burp cloth and spitting up and your shirt. The best part was she started to yell at me. She was not a happy camper because her "fields" shirt was "ruined." My mom and I couldn't stop laughing. I took the shirt and washed it in the sink while my mom gave Kim a shirt. Then my mom was holding him and had to use the bathroom before we left so she gave Jeremy to Kim for a second. And of course he got her again! It was so funny. So she got a new shirt and I changed Jeremy into a new nightgown (I knew better than to dress him so early in the day in his Chistmas outfit).
The trip was a lot of fun. In between seeing Santa, feeding Jeremy, and hanging out in the Walnut room for lunch we never actually got to do any shopping. That's probably better to save money. Jeremy handled the day pretty well...which meant he was going to be fussy all night. I just felt so bad because my dad needed to be at work very early the next day and Jeremy was crying and crying and crying. At 3 something I was changing him and the he aimed right at me for the second he was exposed. So I wasn't about to shower then, so I just changed my shirt and kept going. In a few hours I would shower. Well of course the power went out just before we woke up. No power=no water=I got to wear the pee the rest of the morning.
Then my mom and dad drove Jeremy and I to Avon. I went to the gym and grocery store while they babysat. It was the first time Jeremy was away from Graig or I since he was in the NICU. In some ways it was weird and I missed him. But also it felt normal to not have him with me because that used to be my routine. I only ended up calling to check up on him once (but I did have my cell phone in my hand at the grocery store).
This morning Jeremy had his one month check up. He weighs 10 pounds and 10 ounces (68%), his height is 22.75 inches (86%) and his head is still small at the 30% level. So his doctor said he can write the order to discontinue the monitor or we can have them put a chip in there for 12 hours to record the data. Then at the children's hospital downtown they will analyze the breathing patterns and see if he still has patterns that indicate he will do it again. It can have false negatives because there is no guarantee he won't have breathing issues later. But if it is positive then he would have to stay on the monitor. So it's up to Graig and I what we want to do. So we have decided to do the test just for piece of mind, even if it isn't definate.
In other exciting and annoying news, I had to walk into the other room for a minute earlier right after I made my sandwich. I go back into the kitchen to grab the sandwich and half of it is on the floor. Twinkle decided to be a bad girl and jump up on the counter and get into my sandwich. Isn't she a cat and not a dog?
Well Jeremy is about to wake up so it's back to work.
2 comments:
Great way to re-live the day. It was fun and I'm glad you and Jeremy were willing to make the trip. You made it even more fun! Well, the baby made it even more fun. But it was also nice to have you there too!! I'm still laughing about poor Kimmi and the spit-up. Now that really was fun!!
[most] Photos taken by Kimberly Burkey Photography :)
Post a Comment