Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving and Such


We had a very nice Thanksgiving at my parent's house. Poor Jeremy was tossed around from person to person the entire time. By the end of each day, he was done with it. You might not be able to tell, but Jeremy is having a fit while my cousin Betsy holds him. That picture is the only one I took the entire weekend up in South Bend. But don't worry there were lots of other people taking pictures of the little guy.
Here is Jeremy sleeping on Sunday in his pack 'n play.
Here is Graig imitating Jeremy sleeping and Twinkle is coming to investigate.

Yesterday was quite the busy day. We had two appointments we had to go to. I thought it was hard to get him ready (feed, burped, changed, put in the car seat) for one appointment. Then the hour and an half we got to be home in between the appointments I got to do it all over again. You know both times while changing his diaper some bodily fluid got all over his outfit and we had to find a new one (in the pile of clean laundry that I hadn't had a chance to put away). I guess I should be glad that I was able to wash his clothes in the morning so I wasn't searching through dirty clothes. One time it was pee. I swear that boy knows to wait till the one second that he is "free" to pee. At least he didn't pee on me. The other time it was the monster spit up. I am just glad that there is no time crunch for what we have to do today.

So yesterday one of the appointments was to his pediatrician for his belly button. I thought it might be infected since it was pussy for a few days, but it didn't smell bad or he didn't have a fever. It turns out that it is was not an infection but granulated tissue in the belly button that was forming. His doctor took some very long q-tip like things with silver nitrate in his belly button to take care of it (do you like my medical terminology). Apparently this is "common" with newborns. I think Jeremy just missed seeing his pediatrician everyday and came up with an excuse to go see him again.

Jeremy now weighs 10 pounds 1 ounce....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, your mom was busy! Took her "baby" to see his doctor. He weighs 248# and his belly button doesn't smell either.

Love your blog! It's about time you added something new. You have nothing else to do so I didn't understand why it took you so long to update the thing.

later gator
love,
your mom