I decided last week to head up to Granger on Monday if the weather was ok. It was my last full week of "freedom" before I go back to work. So Sunday night Graig loaded the big items in the car as I "overpacked." Well Jeremy can either wear one outfit (if I am lucky) during the day or multiple outfits if it's a typical day. I knew my parents washer broke and they were looking for a new one. So I figured better be safe than sorry.
Jeremy was not happy for the last part of the trip. Poor guy. But we rolled in around lunchtime on Monday. After a few rounds of throwup on his Grams, Jeremy was a happy guy. Then my sister and her husband dropped by for dinner. Jeremy of course enjoyed being the center of attention.
Then Tuesday we went to babies r us (which is 5 minutes from my parents house.....lucky them). Jeremy slept through the shopping and lunch. Then it was off to meet his great grandparents. After a short visit (which is all Jeremy can handle without getting fussy) we went back to my parents house. Jeremy went to bed before his "unwed teenage uncle" Tom came home from all of his practices. He was bummed he didn't get to see Jeremy that day.
So Wednesday morning I woke up expecting to pack up and head home around noon. I wanted Tom to say goodbye to Jeremy, so I made sure we got up and downstairs before he left for school. Then I talked to Graig. He was stuck at home. His car aparently can't drive through 12 inches of snow. I was bummed because Graig was going to be home all day and I didn't get to hang out with him. I just wanted to snap my fingers and be home already(I need to invest in some ruby slippers). My mom made me feel better by making me yummy food. Graig made me feel better by picking up the house. So I guess I had the better end of the deal.
I decided to stay another day up in Granger. I packed lots of clothes for Jeremy, but not myself. It ended up being ok, except it was going to be my excuse for not working out. "Well I don't have an extra outfit to get dirty." In the end I ran (and my legs are feeling it today!).
Yesterday afternoon, Tom and Jeremy watched a sing-a-long video Tom loved when he was a baby (and called Tommy). They enjoyed it. I took it home with us so Jeremy can watch it here. Funny thing is that I knew all the words to the song from when my brother used to watch it.
This morning we got up and hit the road. It only took a little longer than normal to get home, and of course Jeremy was done being in the car once we got to Indy. I saw a lot of cars off the road. I wonder if they had problems today or if the tow trucks just couldn't get to everyone yesterday.
That's my ramble of the last few days. It was good to visit with my family. But it is great to be home. Now it's time to curl up with a blanket, hot chocolate, and a book. Aka Graig is putting Jeremy to bed.
1 comment:
It was so great having you here for a few days. Too bad Graig had to be lonely for us to be happy. Thanks Graig! You're the best!
Amy, your grandpa looks soooooooo happy. Thanks for making his day!
We love you and miss you but we are very grateful you are back home, safely, where you belong.
Post a Comment