After Jeremy eats he sits in his boppy and has a grand old time interacting with me. Then he loses interest and wants to play on his mat. Bouncy seat time comes next followed by more mat time. Then he loves to sit in my lap. It's great because I can hold his pacifier in his mouth and still have one arm free while holding him. He then starts to "watch" TV. He is fascinated by the colors. Hopefully I won't have a couch potato for a son because right now he just stops everything and stares for a long time.
We had a nice relaxing New Years Eve with lots of yummy snacks. That didn't stop me from wanting a milk shake from Steak and Shake at 9 at night. Don't worry we all were sleeping by 11. It was great to get some rest. Then Jeremy's Grandparents visited him from New Jersey. While they were here Graig and I went to the gym for an hour and we also went to dinner together. It was nice to have a conversation without baby music or cries in the background.
Yesterday, Jeremy and I headed up to Lafayette to visit some ladies. There were 5 ladies in fact. We visited my friend Jen and her 2-year-old and triplets that are almost a year. The babies were intersted in Jeremy's toy that I brought. And they didn't care if they had to walk on Jeremy to get it. No worries, Jeremy didn't get hurt, except for the fact I left one of his pacifiers at their house.
Today, Jeremy had his two-month check-up. He is just an ounce short of 12 lbs (58%). Jeremy is 23 1/4 inches tall (64%) and his head is still teeny tiny at the 14th percentile. He was supposed to get two shots, but one was on backorder, so they had to give him an oral version. It was laced with sugar so he loved it.
Now I have saved the best for last. Jeremy is sleeping through the night. His bedtime routine starts around 8 or 8:30 and he is asleep for the night by 10 (usually). Then he doesn't wake me up until 5 or 6 in the morning. Plus he isn't screaming at that point because he is entertaining himself. Usually he is looking or smiling at his fishies (the mobile on his crib) or he is doing some "hand munching". He hasn't quite figured out the whole just getting his thumb in his mouth. Plus now there is drool all over his arm, face, and shirt because of his munching. But at least he is happier.
1 comment:
Yay for sleeping through the night!!! Now you just have to get yourself to bed at the same time to feel the affects (I have never mastered that!). He looks just like you Amy! Although I do love how it looks like Graig might be naked in the first picture! :)
Post a Comment