Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Orzo for Ocho Cinco

Today was Jeremy's 1 year check-up. I had scheduled it back in August not realizing it was Veterans' Day as well. So, Graig had the day off and got to join us. It was nice to have someone there to help. Jeremy had a blast playing while waiting for the Evil Man to come into the room. It cracks me up how much he doesn't like stethoscopes. The tears just start to flow. He even tried to pull the doctor's hand off of him as he was examining him. What a stinker.

Jeremy is a hefty 21 pounds and 6 ounces (28%), he is 30 inches long (57%), and his head is still bringing up the rear with 15%. Everything looks good. We have to keep transitioning him to more food and less milk. Can't he just be on a liquid diet forever? It's pretty convenient for me and a LOT LESS MESSY!

Tonight I made Jeremy some Orzo pasta. I was going to mix in a veggie cube and feed it to him. While waiting for me, Graig made some chocolate milk for Jeremy. It is so frustrating to offer him milk or juice in his sippy cup. He takes a sip and spits it out. "This is not water!" After spitting chocolate milk everywhere he was ready for his dinner. Well laziness won and I added a splash of tomato sauce instead of pureed veggies. Graig put some on a spoon, Jeremy opened up, and then spit it back out. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Then I gave Jeremy a few small pieces of my grilled cheese (hey I am at the point where I only eat things that won't make me nauseous.)
Much to Graig's dismay, I put a heaping spoonful of pasta on Jeremy's tray. And then BOOM he started eating. He apparently had to do it himself. I don't know how much he actually ate, but he was having fun eating.

Where's the bib? Yeah, Graig wasn't expecting a mess because Jeremy was going to be spoon fed.



Clap Break
Since he was already dirty, Graig gave him a Halloween Oreo.
Twinkle hid in a box the whole time.

No comments: