Tuesday, November 10, 2009

From Horrible News to Fantastic News


Last year this day STUNK! One year later so much has changed. I promise I'll post some more birthday pics later. But there are other more important things to discuss.

October 9 around noon a customer came into my store. It was actually someone from the county health department. I was talking to her about H1N1. She told me they got the nasal doses the day before. Fantastic. I really wanted to get my vaccine because me getting sick would stink. Of course Jeremy would have the flu as well and taking care of him and me while sick would be a challenge. Let's be honest though, I really was concerned for the money. Amy=sick=no work=no money.

I decided to go on my lunch to get the vaccine. But. There was a BUT. I was late. You know LATE. I had already taken 2 pregnancy tests and they were negative. But there was this little voice inside of me that didn't like this idea. I needed to talk this out with someone. Graig was at work. So I debated to myself.

Debating with yourself is hard. So I gave up and told one of the people I work with what was going through my mind. Here response was to open her drawer at work (everyone has their own drawer to keep their crap in it, i mean personal items). And there was a pregnancy test in there. Random! Actually someone put it in there as a joke for them. It was a twin pack that a lovely customer stole one of them. So I go take my test.




Due around June 17th!

ps don't worry a few weeks later I got the inactivated shot at my Ob's office.

8 comments:

elizabeth.mallers said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy for you guys! That is wonderful news. So happy to welcome a new little Lubsen!

Kimberly Anne said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have to keep my mouth shut anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! What a busy house you are going to have. We're very excited for your upcoming addition to your family.

Jackie said...

Congratulations Amy & Graig!!! Welcome to the craziness of 2 kids!! We're so happy for you guys!!!!

Mark, Lauren & Owen Burkey said...

oh my goodness amy!
congrats! that is so great!

:) very exctied for you!!!

Vinnie Joe said...

Is that a sea horse?

emrie said...

We are beyond excited!!! Congrats!

Angela said...

Just catching up with the blog -- congratulations! I'm so excited for all of you with your new little bundle of joy coming your way.

I'll be in Indy tonight but it's for an awards ceremeony for March of Dimes. I'm hoping to make it down over Christmas break. Will you be home?