I haven't blogged in awhile. I wonder why? Anyway I was sick (has it been two weeks already?) and Jeremy was sick. Poor baby. He was throwing up like crazy. He probably could have gone to daycare on that Friday, but I had my parents come babysit for me. Both Graig and I couldn't leave work that day if he was sick at daycare.
My dad noticed Jeremy really likes standing up on his mirror toy. Now the problem is that he doesn't realize yet that he has to hold on the whole time and not use two hands to play.
So let's fast-forward to last Wednesday. I was doing some yard work when my mom called me they were on the way to the hospital and they think he had a heart attack. So we decided to head up there. Basically I had only one clean outfit because I needed to do laundry 3 days before (oops). So I brought a bag that had dirty clothes in it. Obviously we did not know how long we would be up there.
So after doing Jeremy's nightly routine we packed the car to head up to South Bend. We got there sometime after midnight. My dad had a massive heart attack. He is lucky to be alive. We saw him briefly that night (I guess technically morning).
The next morning we got ready (which takes forever when you have to get Jeremy ready). Graig, myself, Jeremy, and my brother Tom headed to the hospital. My other brother Dan and mom were already there. Pretty soon my sister Kim and her husband moseyed on in. Oh yes they moseyed. My pops looked so much better that morning and by the afternoon (when we left him to get some rest) he looked even better. He might even be released from the hospital today.
We spent the whole day either in his room, the waiting room, or downstairs for lunch. I must say Jeremy was in a great mood the whole day. Maybe because he was held the entire time. Maybe because he had eight people's attention the whole day. Maybe because whenever he did get fussy, a pacifier was quickly placed in his mouth so he wouldn't disturb the other patients. Jeremy did make me sooooo nervous when my dad was holding him. I just keep thinking he is going to yank out all of his IV lines. He didn't.
I mentioned my lack of clean clothes. Well I checked the weather for South Bend before we left. High of 60....so I grabbed the first jacket I saw. So my husband and brothers were quick to make fun of my Canadian tuxedo I was sporting. Apparently the jean jacket I had on perfectly matched my jeans. I was just missing the denim shirt.
We headed home that evening so Graig can go to work the next day. We got home around 11 something. I don't know how he runs on so little sleep. More to come later......
1 comment:
I can hardly believe how big he is getting.
Great news on your Dad's condition.
Post a Comment