So last Wednesday was the day I was dreading for months. Ever since Graig and I started to talk about going to New Jersey for Easter, I have not been looking forward to the plane ride with Jeremy. We had everything packed and organized of what we need to bring. Jeremy's clothes were laid out on Tuesday night to minimize thinking on Wednesday. The morning comes and time to get ready. Jeremy enjoyed some delicious squash for breakfast and we had timed his eating out so that he would need to eat again on the plane.
Our flight was at 11 going out there. We had to run an errand before we left and we made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare. As we were locking the car, we saw the bus coming close to us. We ran to get on so Jeremy didn't have to wait in the cold (the only thing we forgot was Jeremy's coat). Things were going well.
The new Indy airport is nice. I didn't really think they needed it, but I was wrong. First of all, the entrance is even closer to our house. It looks new. You don't have to taxi on the runway anymore for 15 minutes. And so on.
Back to our departure. They had to move our seats because we needed to be in a row that had an extra oxygen mask. Then we had a grand old time in the lack of line at security. Jeremy and I didn't have to go through the special "see through your clothes" machine, so we had that going for us.
After a long walk around the airport and grabbing a snack, we set up outside our gate. Jeremy had a blast playing on the floor for awhile. He got a good workout before we boarded. Once on the plane we decided to let Jeremy have something he only usually gets at bedtime: his pacifier. So Jeremy is naturally falling asleep prior to takeoff. Then when we start to take off. Jeremy got to munch. Well it was more he kind of munched but mostly slept. It was a 2 hour flight and he slept maybe 45 minutes. He was slightly fussy for about 15 minutes and then back to happy baby.
When we were descending, I offered to let Jeremy munch again and he wanted none of that. I was like "great now he is going to scream because of the pressure." But he didn't thanks to his pacifier.
After letting everyone off the plane we got out and quickly found Graig's brother Bryan. Then we went downstairs and found our very lonely luggage. The advantage to being really slow doing things is that you don't have to wait anymore for you bags. Or you don't have to fight for a good spot to grab your bags.
That was Jeremy's first plane ride. The flight coming back seemed much more rushed. The stupid security line wouldn't have been a big deal if Jeremy wasn't lounging in a poopy diaper. Then of course the dreaded thing happened....somehow his wipes got put in the checked bag! Oh well, we improvised.
Once we got done with that, it was time to board the plane. Jeremy didn't have any play time on the floor. And we were at the gate for 30 minutes and then taxiing for 20 minutes. Jeremy didn't really cry on the return flight. But Graig and I were done. We wanted to be home and not on the plane. But we got home eventually and the traveling part was overall really good.
I probably didn't edit this that great. I am too tired and unfortunately have way too much to do tonight to write about the trip. Maybe tomorrow or Wednesday. I am told that it's annoying if I don't have a post on Wednesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment