In a non-pregnancy world I wear 2 rings. On my right hand a ring that Graig gave me a long time ago and on my left hand my wedding/engagement ring. I took the ring off my right hand months ago when the swelling started but was holding out hope that I could keep my wedding ring on. Over a week ago I got home from another fun filled day of work and decided that I was done with my hand hurting. It took over 30 minutes to get that sucker off! I tried soaking my hand in water for a while (since that apparently works for Graig) and then I put some vaseline on it to help. That was all very painful too if you were wondering. Graig got Windex out because he remembered a jeweler using it on him a few years ago when he was trying on rings. It really helped.
I shouldn't have waited too long to take the ring off because my finger is so much bigger than the ring. But, I am really glad that my engagement ring and wedding band are soldered together because taking one ring off was fun enough. Now when you look at my hand you can't even see the much smaller band on my finger where the ring was. It is all puffed out but I can see the faintest tan line on it.
1 comment:
Ah....the joys of being pregnant!! I had to give up the ring too...I gave up the engagement ring probably midway through and the wedding band probably at about 34 weeks....it won't be long until you wear them again!
Post a Comment