My days as a single guy are over again. I had a solid three week go for the ladies to flock to me, but I finally bought a new wedding ring. While my insurance agent claimed that I would just go into the office and they'd write me a check, it was a lot more complicated than that.
State Farm required me to get an appraisal on the cost to replace my ring. I went to a jewelry store by our old apartment, mainly so I could go to the super-fancy grocery store next door. The jewelry store was somewhat helpful in pointing out that my ring was severely under-insured. Apparently the price of gold has tripled in the last two years.
My insurance wouldn't even come close to covering a complete replacement of the ring, so I had to make a decision whether we should spend the money to get a comparable replacement or something else. I really wanted something that closely resembled my wedding ring.
We were in Granger a couple weeks ago, so Amy and I went to the same jewelry store where we bought my ring. They actually had the same exact ring in the store, but it was triple in price. At least the stores were consistent. Amy spotted a ring that looked similar, except it was titanium. I looked at that ring, tried it on and I liked it. I also liked the fact that it was 1/8 of the price of my old ring. Now I can twirl my ring on my finger again just like the old days. I think Amy is happier than I am because her wedding band is a wrap over her engagement ring. If you just look at the top, it looks like an engagement ring. Now she doesn't feel as though she is 6 months pregnant and engaged. ("Not that we're judging" -Amy.)
No comments:
Post a Comment