There is a lot that has happened since I last updated. Over the last few weeks Graig and I have been looking at different baby items. It is not as overwhelming as it was over a month ago when we went shopping for John and Elizabeth's shower present. When we researched products, there were some things that we really liked (the stroller and the high chair). There were a lot of adorable things out there. However, boys clothes do not get the same attention that girls clothes do. A lot of the small items, like clothing, books and toys we weren't really particular.
We were at my parents house after my Grandparents' 60th anniversary party and decided to register. They have a Babies R Us just down the street from their house. Down in Indy, we have 2 stores, but the closest is still about a half hour away. We had stopped by a few times after looking at other stores as well. So after a long day of driving up to the 'Bend and the party we decided to head down to Babies R Us. Let's just say I was a little tired. Who thought that riding in a car for 3 hours would make you so tired? Plus I have cankles, which wears me out as well.
It has been difficult lately since my feet and ankles are swollen. I have been putting my feet up and drinking lots of water, so they have been getting better. I need to buy some new shoes unfortunately. For work I have to have closed toed shoes, and lets just say that my nice pairs of shoes that I usually wear barely fit anymore.
Last weekend, we took a birthing preparation class. It lasted 9-5 on Saturday. We had the choice to take it either all in one day or over the course of five to six Thursday nights. With our schedules, it was just easier to get it done in one day. It was very exciting, because it cleared up a lot of things about how the hospital operates. Graig really enjoyed the hospital cafeteria. He is weird. He even said we could go there for lunch or dinner just for fun. I guess I knew what I was marrying into. We will see how well he does during Enrico's delivery.
We are going to go to Clarian West which is a small hospital built in Avon a few years ago. In my opinion, the hospital was built for the labor and delivery floor. Apparently it's a huge business trying to lure pregnant people to your hospital by offering nice amenities. It works. We will have a private room that we will stay in the whole time, unless there is an emergency, which will be nice. I guess they have been busy lately, but I there better be room for me when Enrico is ready to be born. My mom was telling me about how the hospital where my relative had her babies they "had a steak and champagne dinner." I doubt that we will have that luxury.
No comments:
Post a Comment