Monday, November 1, 2010

4 months have come and gone.

Benjamin had his 4 month check up last week. He weighs 15 pounds 8 ounces (50-75%). He is 26 and 1/4 inches (75-90%). And in typical small-headed Lubsen style he is in the 25%. He is growing so fast, but he is in my absolute favorite time of a kid's life. Smiles, almost always happy, feeding him solves most of his problems, and he can't go anywhere! Before we had Jeremy, I told Graig how I am really excited for Jeremy to be at this stage and he had no idea what I was talking about. Now he completely agrees.

In other exciting development news, we started feeding him baby food. Well, he mostly drools it out. (On a side note I think it's pretty awesome how God designed babies to automatically get rid of foreign objects that land in their mouth. I tell myself this after every bite his tongue pushes back out) But I think a little rice cereal has gotten into his belly. The first feeding didn't go so well. I thought I would be all proper and mix the cereal with milk (I always mixed Jeremy's with water). Well lesson learned. Ben was so mad because he just tasted his normal milk and was pissed (and yes I said pissed) it had to come on a spoon. "Hello, I am suppose to suck to eat this stuff mom!" is what he would have said if he could talk. But instead he screamed and eventually sucked his thumb. But the next day we fed him cereal mixed with water and he was a happy camper.





and I included a random picture of Jeremy....

No comments: