Amy and I went down on Saturday and despite a questionable weather forecast, it was a beautiful day. We went took the boat out on the Monroe Reservoir, which is a huge man-made lake. Everyone enjoyed riding around in the water and swimming in the reservoir.
The Gustafson's have a pair of tubes that allow for excellent fighting on the open water. It was there that Tim, my new brother-in-law, and I got to hit each other around. We would push the tubes and try to make each other fall off. We even resorting to sticking our hands in the water to kick up spray and get each other in the face.

Due to my immense talent and skill, I was able to make Tim fall off the tube twice. I stayed on the tube the entire time. After the second time I knocked Tim off we were done tubing. Secretly I think Tim just gave up. As we were preparing to go back to the boat, I realized that I no longer had a wedding ring on my finger.
We had gone all over the reservoir and it can be up to 45 feet deep in places, so there was no chance in finding the ring. As we got close to the boat, I told my friend Dan to take a picture of Amy. I wanted to have a before and after picture of Amy's reaction. She took it extremely well and was not upset at all. It turns out she could hear Tim and I talking about it on the water, so she was mentally prepared.

I had the ring insured, so now I have the joy of working with State Farm to get a replacement. It has been a fun process so far. There have been broken promises made to me, incorrectly filled out forms by my insurance agent and lost faxes by the jewelry store.
2 comments:
Graig,does this mean "there's still time!" all over again??
Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there :) If you need help, I can mess with their network.
Post a Comment