Sunday, June 22, 2008


Man time flies when you are exhausted. A few weeks ago was my sister's wedding and I fit in the dress. I had been worried for months about how it would work out. My sister had picked out the dresses last fall. She really wanted everyone to go out and buy them in November because the dresses were supposed to be discontinued.
Well after procrastinating long enough I drove down to David's Bridal in January and told them I was planning on becoming pregnant in the next few months. The lady told me oh well then you shouldn't buy your dress yet and that I should come back in a month. So after a wasted trip to Greenwood I came home. Then I talked with my sister and mom and they both wanted to make sure I got my dress. They wouldn't let me just be lazy about it. So I went back to David's a few weeks later and just bought the dress bigger than I needed.
After they ordered the dress it took a few weeks to come in before I took it home and tried it on. That sucker was huge! It was way too long and big everywhere. Then I waited months to try it on again. I knew I needed it altered but I didn't want to get it done too far in advance because I didn't know how much I would grow in between. So instead of finding someone to alter the dress I just ignored the problem. Man I did a really good job ignoring it.
So around the end of May I tried the dress back on and was happy to know that I did still fit into it. Kim's friend Beth has a friend that used to own a bridal shop and she was nice enough to alter the dress for me up in South Bend. Plus she had to fix some things on Kim's dress. So you know that I went to this very very very nice lady's house on Thursday morning before the wedding and the next morning Graig and my brother went to pick them up.
Graig and I had a good time at Kim and Tim's wedding. I ate a good amount and the next morning I woke up and I swear that baby was starting to stick out. I am just so glad he/she waited a day.

No comments: